Filet Mignon in the air fryer is cooked to perfection in just minutes, resulting in a tender and juicy steak with a delicious sear on the outside. This method preserves the natural flavors of the meat while providing a crispy texture, making it an excellent option for those who want a quick and hassle-free way to enjoy this premium cut.
We will explore various recipes and techniques for cooking Filet Mignon in the air fryer, ensuring a mouthwatering dish that will impress your guests or satisfy your steak cravings. Whether you prefer a classic seasoning or want to try something new, we have got you covered with step-by-step instructions and tips for achieving the best results every time.
Overview Of Air Fryer Filet Mignon Recipe
Enjoy perfectly cooked Filet Mignon in the Air Fryer with this easy recipe. Simply season the steaks, cook for 8 minutes, flip, and cook for another 3-5 minutes until done. Serve with compound butter, blue cheese crumbles, and fresh parsley for a delicious meal.
Preheat air fryer to 400°F for 5 minutes:
- Preheating the air fryer ensures that the steak cooks evenly and achieves that perfect sear on the outside.
- Set the temperature to 400°F and let it warm up for 5 minutes before cooking the filet mignon.
Season filet mignon steaks with dry rub ingredients:
- Create a flavorful dry rub by combining your favorite spices like salt, pepper, garlic powder, and any other seasonings you like.
- Generously coat both sides of the filet mignon steaks with the dry rub mixture for enhanced taste.
Spray air fryer basket with nonstick spray and add steaks:
- To prevent the filet mignon from sticking to the air fryer basket, give it a quick spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the seasoned filet mignon steaks into the prepared basket, making sure they are not overcrowded to ensure even cooking.
Cook for 8 minutes:
- Set the air fryer to cook the filet mignon at 400°F for 8 minutes.
- This initial cooking time will help to sear the outside of the steaks and seal in the juices.
Flip steaks and cook for 3-5 minutes at 400°F until done:
- After the initial cooking time, carefully flip the filet mignon steaks using tongs or a spatula to cook the other side evenly.
- Continue cooking for an additional 3-5 minutes, depending on the desired level of doneness.
- For a medium-rare steak, aim for an internal temperature of around 135°F, while a medium steak should reach around 145°F.
Add compound butter to steaks:
- Compound butter is a delicious addition to filet mignon. Prepare a compound butter by mixing softened butter with minced garlic, chopped fresh herbs like parsley or rosemary, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once the filet mignon steaks are cooked to your liking, place a dollop of compound butter on top of each steak and let it melt over the hot surface.
Serve with blue cheese crumbles and fresh parsley:
- To add some extra indulgence to your air fryer filet mignon, sprinkle blue cheese crumbles over the top of the steaks.
- Garnish with fresh parsley for a pop of color and a touch of freshness.
- Pair the steak with your favorite sides like roasted vegetables or a creamy mashed potato for a complete and mouthwatering meal.
Enjoy your perfectly cooked filet mignon steaks straight from the air fryer, bursting with flavor and juicy tenderness.
Tips For Cooking Filet Mignon In Air Fryer
Cooking filet mignon in an air fryer is fast and results in a super tender steak. With simple seasoning and flipping halfway through cooking time, you can achieve the perfect doneness in just minutes.
Preheating is essential to ensure even cooking:
- Preheat your air fryer for at least 5 minutes before cooking filet mignon. This helps to create a consistent cooking environment and ensures that the steaks cook evenly from all sides.
- Make sure the air fryer is set to the recommended temperature for filet mignon, usually around 400°F (200°C).
- Preheating allows the air fryer to reach the desired temperature faster, reducing the overall cooking time and ensuring a perfectly cooked steak.
Use a probe thermometer to achieve desired doneness:
- To ensure your filet mignon is cooked to your desired level of doneness, use a probe thermometer.
- Insert the thermometer into the thickest part of the steak, avoiding contact with the bone if applicable. This will give you an accurate reading of the internal temperature.
- For medium-rare steak, aim for an internal temperature of 135°F (57°C). Remember that the steak will continue to cook slightly while resting.
Let the steaks rest for a few minutes before slicing:
- After cooking, allow the filet mignon to rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and results in a more tender and flavorful steak.
- Resting time can vary depending on the thickness of the steak, but 5 minutes is a good rule of thumb.
- Cover the steaks loosely with aluminum foil to retain heat during the resting period.
By following these tips, you can confidently cook filet mignon in an air fryer and enjoy a delicious and tender steak every time.
Flavorful Seasoning Options For Air Fryer Filet Mignon
Discover delicious and flavorful seasoning options for cooking filet mignon in an air fryer. From blue cheese and garlic to montreal seasoning and compound butter, these seasonings will elevate your steak to a whole new level of taste and tenderness.
Filet mignon is a tender and delicious cut of beef that can be elevated with the right seasonings. When cooking filet mignon in an air fryer, there are several flavorful seasoning options to choose from. Whether you prefer a classic combination or something more unique, these seasoning options will enhance the taste and texture of your filet mignon.
Here are some great options to consider:
Blue Cheese, Olive Oil, Garlic, Montreal Seasoning:
- Blue cheese: Crumble some blue cheese over the filet mignon before air frying to add a creamy and tangy flavor.
- Olive oil: Drizzle a small amount of olive oil over the filet mignon to enhance its juiciness and create a nice sear.
- Garlic: Rub minced garlic onto the filet mignon to infuse it with aromatic and savory flavors.
- Montreal seasoning: Sprinkle Montreal seasoning on both sides of the filet mignon to add a savory and slightly spicy taste.
Compound Butter With Sea Salt And Black Pepper:
- Compound butter: Create a compound butter by mixing softened butter with sea salt and black pepper. Spread the butter on top of the filet mignon before air frying to add richness and flavor.
- Sea salt and black pepper: Simple yet delicious, season the filet mignon with sea salt and black pepper for a classic and savory taste.
Dairy-Free Option With Olive Oil, Garlic Powder, And Fresh Rosemary:
- Olive oil: Replace butter with olive oil to keep the recipe dairy-free. Drizzle it over the filet mignon before air frying to add moisture and flavor.
- Garlic powder: Sprinkle some garlic powder on the filet mignon for a convenient and flavorful way to add garlic taste.
- Fresh rosemary: Chop fresh rosemary and sprinkle it over the filet mignon to infuse it with fragrant and earthy flavors.
Choose one of these flavorful seasoning options or mix and match them to create your own unique combination. With these seasonings, your air fryer filet mignon will be bursting with delicious flavors that will impress your taste buds. So, get creative and enjoy a mouthwatering steak right from your air fryer!
How To Achieve Perfect Temperature And Doneness
Achieve the perfect temperature and doneness for filet mignon in an air fryer by following these easy steps. Preheat the air fryer to 400°F, season the steaks with your desired spices, and cook for 8 minutes. Flip the steaks and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes until done to your liking.
Serve with compound butter, blue cheese crumbles, and fresh parsley for an extra burst of flavor.
Filet mignon is a tender and flavorful cut of meat that can be cooked to perfection in an air fryer. Achieving the perfect temperature and doneness is key to ensuring a juicy and flavorful steak. Here’s how you can do it:
- Recommended temperature: 400°F.
Cooking filet mignon at 400°F in the air fryer provides a nice sear on the outside while keeping the inside tender and juicy.
- Cook until steaks reach desired level of doneness.
Use a probe thermometer to ensure accuracy and cook the steaks to your preferred level of doneness. Here are some options:
- For medium-rare: Cook the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 135°F.
- For medium: Cook the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 145°F.
- For well-done: Cook the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 160°F.
- Use a probe thermometer to ensure accuracy.
A probe thermometer is a handy tool to have when cooking filet mignon in the air fryer. It allows you to monitor the internal temperature of the steak and ensures that it is cooked to perfection.
- Options for medium-rare and medium doneness.
If you prefer your steak to be cooked to medium-rare or medium doneness, follow these guidelines:
- For medium-rare: Cook the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 135°F. This will give you a steak that is pink in the center and slightly firm to the touch.
- For medium: Cook the steaks until the internal temperature reaches 145°F. This will give you a steak that is pink in the center but more firm to the touch.
Cooking filet mignon in an air fryer is a quick and convenient way to enjoy a delicious steak. By following these temperature and doneness guidelines, you can achieve a perfectly cooked filet mignon every time.
Air Fryer Filet Mignon Recipe Tutorial
Discover the best way to cook juicy and flavorful Filet Mignon in an air fryer with this easy-to-follow recipe tutorial. Skip the hassle of grilling or oven roasting and achieve perfect results in just a fraction of the time.
If you’re looking for a delicious and hassle-free way to cook filet mignon, look no further than your air fryer! With its ability to heat food evenly and quickly, the air fryer is the perfect tool for achieving a perfectly cooked filet mignon steak.
In this tutorial, we will explore three different YouTube videos that provide detailed instructions and tips for cooking filet mignon in the air fryer.
Melanie Cooks Youtube – Seasoning And Cooking Process
- Melanie Cooks provides an easy-to-follow tutorial on cooking filet mignon in the air fryer. Here are the key steps she covers:
- Seasoning the steak: Melanie suggests using your favorite steak seasoning, such as garlic powder, paprika, and black pepper, to enhance the flavor of the filet mignon.
- Transferring the steak to the air fryer basket: Once the steak is seasoned, it should be placed in the air fryer basket. Melanie recommends preheating the air fryer to ensure even cooking.
- Flipping the steak halfway through cooking time: To achieve an evenly cooked filet mignon, Melanie suggests flipping the steak halfway through the cooking process.
- Taste test: Lastly, Melanie encourages viewers to do a taste test to ensure the steak is cooked to their desired level of doneness.
Evolving Table Youtube – Air Fryer Steak Tutorial
- Evolving Table offers a comprehensive tutorial on cooking steak in the air fryer. Here are the key points covered in the video:
- Preheating the air fryer: The air fryer should be preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for optimal cooking.
- Seasoning the filet mignon: The steak should be seasoned with a blend of spices, such as sea salt and black pepper, to enhance its flavor.
- Air frying the filet mignon: The steak should be placed in the air fryer basket and cooked for a specific amount of time, depending on the desired level of doneness.
- Resting the steak: It is important to let the filet mignon rest for a few minutes before cutting into it to allow the juices to redistribute.
Sipbitego Youtube – Detailed Instructions And Tips
- SipBiteGo provides a thorough tutorial on cooking filet mignon in the air fryer. Here’s a breakdown of the steps covered in the video:
- Preheating the air fryer: The air fryer should be preheated to 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 5 minutes.
- Mixing the dry rub ingredients: A dry rub made up of various spices, such as garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika, should be mixed together in a small bowl. The filet mignon should then be seasoned with this dry rub.
- Placing the steaks in the air fryer basket: The air fryer basket should be lightly sprayed with nonstick spray before adding the steaks. It’s important to leave enough space around the steaks for proper air circulation.
- Cooking time: The filet mignon should be cooked in the air fryer for approximately 8 minutes, flipping them halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- Resting the steak: After removing the steaks from the air fryer, they should be allowed to rest for a few minutes before serving.
Cooking filet mignon in the air fryer is a quick and convenient way to enjoy this tender and flavorful steak. With the help of these YouTube tutorials, you’ll be able to season and cook filet mignon like a pro in no time.
So grab your air fryer and get ready to experience mouthwatering filet mignon right in your own kitchen!
Faq: How Long Do I Cook Filet Mignon In The Air Fryer?
Cooking filet mignon in the air fryer is a quick and easy way to achieve a delicious result. Simply air fry the steaks for 10-16 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness. A probe thermometer can help ensure they are cooked to perfection.
Get tender, flavorful filet mignon in no time!
If you’re wondering about the cooking time for filet mignon in the air fryer, we’ve got you covered. Cooking filet mignon in the air fryer is a convenient and easy way to enjoy this tender cut of meat. Here’s all the information you’ll need to know:
Air Fry Until The Filets Reach Your Desired Doneness:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the filet mignon with your desired seasoning, such as salt, pepper, or your favorite steak rub.
- Place the filets in the air fryer basket, making sure they have enough space between them for even cooking.
- Cook the filets for 8-12 minutes for medium-rare doneness, flipping them halfway through the cooking time.
- Use a probe thermometer to check the internal temperature of the filets. For medium-rare, the temperature should be around 135°F (57°C).
- Adjust the cooking time accordingly if you prefer your filet mignon more or less cooked. Remember, the filets will continue to cook slightly while resting.
- Once the filets reach your desired doneness, remove them from the air fryer and let them rest for a few minutes before serving.
Using an air fryer to cook filet mignon allows for a quick and easy cooking process while ensuring a tender and juicy result. Just keep an eye on the cooking time and use a probe thermometer for accurate temperature readings, and you’ll have perfectly cooked filet mignon every time.
Frequently Asked Questions Of Filet Mignon In Air Fryer
How Long Do I Cook A Filet Steak In The Air Fryer?
Cook a filet steak in the air fryer until it reaches your desired doneness. For 1. 5-inch thick steaks, cook for about 10-12 minutes for rare, 11-13 minutes for medium rare, 12-14 minutes for medium, 13-15 minutes for medium well, or 14-16 minutes for well done.
How Long To Cook Steak In Air Fryer At 400 Degrees?
For a filet steak cooked in an air fryer at 400 degrees, it takes about 10-12 minutes for rare, 11-13 minutes for medium rare, 12-14 minutes for medium, 13-15 minutes for medium well, or 14-16 minutes for well done.
Can I Put The Filet In The Air Fryer?
Yes, you can cook filet in the air fryer. Cook for 10-16 minutes, depending on your desired level of doneness.
Do You Need To Flip Steak In Air Fryer?
Yes, you should flip the steak halfway through cooking time in the air fryer.
To sum it up, cooking filet mignon in an air fryer is a game-changer. The air fryer’s hot, circulating air ensures a perfectly cooked steak every time. By following simple steps like seasoning the steak, flipping it halfway through, and using a probe thermometer, you can achieve your desired level of doneness.
For rare, aim for 10-12 minutes, while medium rare requires 11-13 minutes. Medium, medium well, and well-done steaks will take 12-16 minutes. The air fryer locks in the juiciness of the filet mignon, resulting in a tender and flavorful steak.
Plus, you can get creative with toppings like compound butter, blue cheese crumbles, or fresh parsley for added taste. The air fryer is truly a fantastic tool for cooking filet mignon that will impress your family and guests. Try it out and enjoy restaurant-quality steak in the comfort of your own home!