Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer is a delicious and easy-to-make dish that combines tender chicken, vegetables, and flaky pastry crust. In just a few simple steps, you can have a perfectly baked pot pie that is crispy on the outside and filled with creamy, savory goodness on the inside.
Whether you’re craving comfort food or looking for a quick weeknight dinner option, this recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds. With the help of an air fryer, you can achieve a golden brown crust without the need for an oven, making it a convenient and efficient cooking method.
A. Benefits Of Using An Air Fryer
Air fryers offer several benefits for cooking chicken pot pie, including faster cooking times, a healthier alternative to deep frying, and a crispy, golden crust. Enjoy all the flavors of this classic dish with less oil and easy cleanup.
Healthier Cooking Option:
Our beloved comfort food, chicken pot pie, just got a healthy makeover with the help of an air fryer. With its rapid air circulation technology, air fryers provide a range of benefits that make them a popular choice for the health-conscious home cook.
Let’s delve into why using an air fryer for chicken pot pie is a game-changer.
Healthier Cooking Option:
- Lower fat content: With an air fryer, you can indulge in your favorite chicken pot pie without the guilt. The air fryer uses up to 75% less oil compared to traditional frying methods, resulting in a healthier dish with lower fat content. Say goodbye to heavy, greasy meals!
- Reduced calorie intake: By cutting down on the oil, air frying helps reduce calorie intake without compromising on taste. Enjoy a flavorful chicken pot pie without worrying about excess calories.
- Healthier ingredients preservation: Air frying preserves nutrients in food better than deep frying. The cooking method retains essential vitamins and minerals, ensuring that your chicken pot pie is not only delicious but also packed with nutritional value.
Faster Cooking Time:
Nobody likes to wait around for a meal to be ready, especially when the tantalizing aroma of a chicken pot pie fills the air. With an air fryer, you can expedite the cooking process and enjoy your savory dish in no time.
- Quick preheating: Air fryers boast fast preheating capabilities, significantly reducing the time it takes to get the oven ready for cooking. Say goodbye to long preheating times and hello to quick and efficient cooking.
- Rapid cooking: The hot, circulating air in an air fryer ensures that your chicken pot pie cooks evenly and quickly. The result? A perfectly cooked, piping hot meal in a fraction of the time taken by conventional ovens.
The golden crust, the satisfying crunch – the crispy texture is an essential element of any good chicken pot pie. Achieving that perfect texture can be a challenge without the right cooking method, but fear not, the air fryer has got you covered.
- Even browning: Air fryers excel at creating an evenly browned crust that adds a delightful crunch to your chicken pot pie. No more undercooked or soggy crusts, just a perfectly crispy top that will have your taste buds singing with joy.
- Retained moisture: Despite the crispy exterior, your chicken and vegetables will remain moist and succulent on the inside. The air fryer’s rapid cooking process locks in moisture, ensuring that every bite of your chicken pot pie is tender and juicy.
Using an air fryer to cook chicken pot pie offers numerous benefits. It provides a healthier cooking option by reducing the fat content and calorie intake. The air fryer’s faster cooking time saves you precious minutes in the kitchen, while still delivering a perfectly cooked dish.
Plus, the crispy texture achieved by an air fryer adds an irresistible element to your chicken pot pie. So go ahead, give it a try and enjoy a healthier and more delicious version of this classic comfort food.
A. Gathering The Ingredients
Prepare the ingredients for a delicious chicken pot pie in the air fryer. Get ready to enjoy a perfectly crispy and savory dish with tender chicken and flavorful vegetables.
- Start by gathering boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
- Season the chicken with salt, pepper, and your choice of herbs and spices.
- Place the seasoned chicken in a bowl, ready to be added to the pot pie.
- Collect a variety of vegetables to add flavor and texture to your chicken pot pie.
- Common choices include carrots, peas, onions, and celery, but feel free to experiment with your favorites.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then dice them into small pieces.
- If using fresh peas, shell them before adding to the filling.
- Chop the onions and celery into small, uniform dice, ensuring even cooking.
- Prepare any additional vegetables you desire and keep them ready for the pot pie assembly.
- To make the chicken pot pie’s flaky crust, gather all-purpose flour, salt, butter, and ice-cold water.
- Measure the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes and add to the flour mixture.
- Use a pastry cutter or your fingertips to work the butter into the flour until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gradually add the ice-cold water, a few tablespoons at a time, and mix until the dough comes together.
- Once the dough is formed, shape it into a disc, wrap it in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
Remember to prepare all the ingredients before diving into the cooking process. Gathering the necessary ingredients will make your chicken pot pie in the air fryer preparation smooth and enjoyable.
B. Chopping And Seasoning The Ingredients
To make a delicious chicken pot pie in an air fryer, start by chopping and seasoning your ingredients with the ideal flavors. Enhance the taste and texture of your dish with this crucial step.
In order to create a delicious and flavorful chicken pot pie in the air fryer, it is crucial to properly chop and season the ingredients. By following these steps, you will ensure that each bite is packed with mouthwatering goodness.
Cutting The Chicken:
- Start by selecting boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs for your pot pie.
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces, ensuring that they are all approximately the same size for even cooking.
Chopping The Vegetables:
- Gather a variety of vegetables such as carrots, peas, onions, and celery to add depth and texture to your pot pie.
- Wash and peel the carrots before chopping them into small, uniform pieces.
- Dice the onions and celery into similarly sized pieces to ensure even cooking.
- If using fresh peas, remove them from the pods and set them aside.
Seasoning The Chicken And Vegetables:
- Place the chopped chicken in a bowl and add your preferred seasonings, such as salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and thyme.
- Toss the chicken pieces in the seasoning until they are evenly coated.
- In a separate bowl, combine the chopped vegetables and season them with salt and pepper to taste.
Remember, the key to a flavorful chicken pot pie lies in properly chopping and seasoning your ingredients. By taking the time to ensure uniformity and balance in flavors, you will be rewarded with a delectable dish that will have everyone asking for seconds.
A. Preparing The Filling
To prepare the filling for a delicious Chicken Pot Pie in the Air Fryer, start by combining tender chicken, mixed vegetables, and a creamy sauce. Mix everything together and spoon it into a pie crust before baking in the air fryer for a perfectly crispy and savory meal.
Cooking The Chicken:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt, pepper, and any desired herbs or spices.
- Place the chicken breasts in the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Cook the chicken for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove the chicken from the air fryer and let it cool before shredding it into bite-sized pieces.
Sauteing The Vegetables:
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add diced onion, carrot, and celery to the skillet.
- Cook the vegetables for 5-7 minutes until they are soft and translucent.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for an additional minute.
- Season the vegetables with salt, pepper, and any desired herbs or spices.
Combining The Chicken And Vegetables:
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the shredded chicken and sauteed vegetables.
- Add a can of cream of chicken soup and mix well to coat the chicken and vegetables.
- If desired, add any additional seasoning or spices at this stage.
- Stir in frozen peas, making sure they are evenly distributed throughout the filling.
- The filling is now ready to be used in your air fryer chicken pot pie recipe.
Creating a flavorful chicken pot pie filling is an essential step in making a delicious dish. By following these simple instructions, you can perfectly cook the chicken, saute the vegetables to bring out their natural sweetness, and combine the two components for a flavorful and satisfying filling.
Let’s dive into the details of each step to ensure your chicken pot pie turns out scrumptious.
B. Preparing The Crust
Prepare the crust for your delicious chicken pot pie in the air fryer. Achieve a perfectly crispy and golden crust by following these simple steps.
Rolling Out The Pie Crust
Preparing the crust for your chicken pot pie in the air fryer is a crucial step in achieving a golden and flaky crust. Follow these simple instructions to ensure your crust turns out perfectly:
- Start by dusting your work surface with some flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Place the chilled pie dough on the floured surface and use a rolling pin to gently roll it out into a circle that is slightly larger than your air fryer basket.
- Rotate and flip the dough occasionally to ensure it rolls out evenly.
- Aim for a thickness of about 1/8 inch, making sure not to roll it too thin or too thick.
- If the dough starts to stick to the rolling pin, sprinkle a small amount of flour on top to minimize sticking.
- After rolling out the dough, carefully transfer it to a sheet of parchment paper or lightly floured cutting board.
Lining The Air Fryer Basket With The Crust
Once you have rolled out the pie crust, it’s time to line the air fryer basket with it. This step is essential to create a crispy bottom crust that holds all the delicious filling. Here’s how to do it:
- Gently place the rolled-out crust into the air fryer basket, ensuring that it covers the entire bottom and sides.
- Press the crust gently against the sides of the basket, making sure it adheres well.
- Allow any excess crust to hang over the sides of the basket.
- Trim off the excess crust using a sharp knife or kitchen shears, leaving about half an inch of overhang to create a decorative edge.
- Press the edges of the crust firmly against the sides of the basket to form a secure seal.
- Using a fork, pierce the bottom of the crust a few times to prevent air pockets from forming during cooking.
By following these steps, you’ll have a beautifully prepared pie crust ready for your chicken pot pie in the air fryer. The flaky and golden crust will complement the savory filling perfectly, making it a delight to your taste buds.
C. Filling And Sealing The Pie
To fill and seal the chicken pot pie in an air fryer, add the chicken mixture to the pie crust, cover it with the remaining crust, and seal the edges. Brush with egg wash for a golden finish.
Adding The Filling:
Chicken pot pie is a classic comfort food that is made even easier and tastier in an Air Fryer. The filling of the pie is where all the delicious flavors come together. Here are some simple steps to follow when adding the filling:
- Place cooked chicken, vegetables, and seasonings in a bowl.
- Mix everything together until well combined.
- Spoon the filling onto one half of a rolled-out pie crust.
- Ensure that the filling is evenly spread, leaving some space around the edges.
- Be generous with the filling but avoid overfilling, as it may cause the pie to burst during cooking.
Remember, the filling is the heart of the chicken pot pie, so don’t hesitate to add your favorite ingredients and seasonings to make it truly flavorful.
Sealing The Pie:
Sealing the pie is an important step to prevent any leaks or spills while it cooks in the Air Fryer. Here’s how you can effectively seal your chicken pot pie:
- Gently fold the empty half of the pie crust over the filling to create a semicircle shape.
- Press the edges of the crust together using your fingers or a fork.
- Ensure that the edges are sealed completely to avoid any filling leakage.
- For a more secure seal, you can brush the edges of the crust with a beaten egg before pressing them together.
- Use a sharp knife to make a few slits on the top of the crust to allow steam to escape while baking.
Sealing the pie not only helps lock in the flavors but also gives your chicken pot pie a neat and professional appearance. Now that you’ve added the filling and sealed the pie, it’s time to cook it to golden perfection in your Air Fryer.
Remember, the quality of your filling and the effectiveness of sealing the pie can greatly impact the taste and presentation of your chicken pot pie. Take your time when adding the filling and ensuring a proper seal to experience a delicious and perfectly cooked dish.
A. Preheating The Air Fryer
To prepare a delicious chicken pot pie in the air fryer, start by preheating it to ensure even cooking and a crispy crust. Simply follow the manufacturer’s instructions for the recommended preheating time and temperature.
Preheating The Air Fryer
Before you start cooking your delicious chicken pot pie in the air fryer, it’s essential to preheat the appliance properly. Preheating ensures that the air fryer reaches the optimal temperature for cooking, resulting in a perfectly crispy and golden crust.
Follow these steps to preheat your air fryer effectively:
Setting The Temperature:
- Start by plugging in your air fryer and placing it on a heat-resistant surface.
- Turn on the air fryer and locate the temperature control panel.
- Using the control panel or knobs, set the temperature to the recommended level. Generally, for chicken pot pie, a temperature of 375°F (190°C) works well.
- Allow the air fryer to heat up to the desired temperature. The time it takes to preheat may vary depending on the make and model of your air fryer.
- While the air fryer is heating up, gather all the necessary ingredients for your chicken pot pie.
- Preheating usually takes around 3-5 minutes, but it’s important to refer to the manufacturer’s instructions for the most accurate preheating time.
- During this time, you can prepare the pie filling or ensure that the crust is ready for baking.
- Once the air fryer has reached the desired temperature, you’re ready to begin cooking your chicken pot pie.
Remember, preheating your air fryer is vital for achieving crispy and evenly cooked chicken pot pie. Following the recommended preheating temperature and time ensures that your pie turns out to be a scrumptious delight.
B. Air Frying The Chicken Pot Pie
Air frying the chicken pot pie is a quick and convenient way to enjoy this classic comfort food. The air fryer yields a crispy crust and tender, juicy filling, making it a delicious and healthier alternative to traditional baking.
Air frying is a fantastic way to achieve a deliciously crisp and golden crust on your favorite dishes, and chicken pot pie is no exception. With the help of an air fryer, you can elevate this classic comfort food to new levels of deliciousness.
In this section, we’ll explore the process of air frying a chicken pot pie, ensuring that it cooks perfectly and yields a delightful texture.
Cooking Time For The Pie:
To achieve a perfectly cooked chicken pot pie in your air fryer, it’s important to determine the optimal cooking time. This will ensure that the crust is beautifully browned, while the filling inside is heated through and piping hot. Here’s a breakdown of the cooking time:
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the chicken pot pie into the air fryer basket.
- Cook for approximately 25-30 minutes, or until the crust turns golden brown and crispy.
- It’s crucial to monitor the cooking process closely, as the exact cooking time may vary depending on the size and thickness of your chicken pot pie.
Checking For Doneness:
Before indulging in your scrumptious air-fried chicken pot pie, it’s essential to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked. Follow these simple steps to check for doneness:
- Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the pie filling, making sure to avoid touching the crust.
- The internal temperature should reach at least 165°F (74°C) to ensure that the chicken is cooked and safe to eat.
- Additionally, give the pie a gentle poke with a fork or toothpick to see if the filling is bubbling and hot throughout.
- If the pie passes these tests, it’s ready to be served and savored.
Air frying the chicken pot pie results in a crisp crust that contrasts beautifully with the tender filling inside. With the appropriate cooking time and careful checking for doneness, you can be confident in serving a delectable air-fried chicken pot pie that will have everyone eagerly reaching for seconds.
So fire up your air fryer and get ready to enjoy this delightful twist on a beloved classic.
C. Serving And Enjoying
Discover a delectable twist on a classic dish with our Chicken Pot Pie in Air Fryer recipe. This savory delight is the perfect balance of tender chicken, hearty vegetables, and flaky crust, all cooked to perfection in the air fryer.
Enjoy a comforting and flavorful meal anytime.
Letting The Pie Cool:
When it comes to chicken pot pie in the air fryer, one crucial step is letting the pie cool before serving. This allows the filling to set and prevents any burns from hot steam. Follow these steps to ensure your pie is perfectly cooled and ready to be enjoyed:
- Remove the pie from the air fryer using oven mitts or tongs.
- Place the pie on a wire rack, allowing air to circulate around it.
- Let the pie cool for at least 10-15 minutes before serving.
Serving The Pie:
Now that your chicken pot pie has cooled to perfection, it’s time to serve and enjoy! Follow these simple steps to ensure a delightful eating experience:
- Use a sharp knife to cut the pie into individual portions, ensuring each piece has an equal amount of filling and crust.
- Use a spatula or pie server to carefully lift the portions onto serving plates.
- Garnish with fresh herbs, such as parsley or thyme, for an added touch of color and flavor.
- Serve the pie warm and enjoy with your favorite side dishes, such as a green salad or roasted vegetables.
Remember, the joy of eating chicken pot pie lies in savoring every bite of the crisp crust, flavorful filling, and comforting flavors. So gather your loved ones around the table, and delight in this classic dish made effortlessly in the air fryer.
A. Tips For Perfect Results
Discover the secrets to achieving a perfectly cooked Chicken Pot Pie using an Air Fryer. These expert tips will help you create a delicious and flavorful dish in no time. Avoid common pitfalls and enjoy a mouthwatering meal with this foolproof method.
Tips For Perfect Results
When it comes to making the perfect chicken pot pie in an air fryer, there are a few tips and tricks that can make all the difference. Follow these guidelines to ensure your dish comes out beautifully golden and cooked to perfection.
Using Parchment Paper:
- Place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the air fryer basket before placing the pot pie in. This will prevent the crust from sticking and make cleanup a breeze.
Adjusting Cooking Times:
- Air fryers can vary in terms of temperature and cooking power, so it’s important to adjust the cooking times accordingly. Keep an eye on your pot pie and start checking for doneness a few minutes before the recommended time.
- If the crust is browning too quickly, you can cover it with aluminum foil to prevent it from burning. Just make sure to remove the foil during the last few minutes of cooking to allow the crust to crisp up.
- If your pot pie is still frozen, add a few extra minutes to the cooking time to ensure that the filling is heated through.
By following these simple tips, you’ll be able to achieve a perfectly cooked and delicious chicken pot pie in your air fryer. Enjoy the convenience and crispy goodness of this classic dish without the need for an oven.
B. Variations To Try
Discover flavorful variations to try when making chicken pot pie in an air fryer. Enjoy a crispy crust, tender chicken, and a medley of vegetables for a delicious and convenient meal.
Adding Different Vegetables:
- One of the great things about chicken pot pie is its versatility. You can experiment with different vegetables to add variety and a burst of flavor to your dish.
- Carrots: Slice carrots into small rounds or dice them for a chunkier texture.
- Peas: Add a pop of color and sweetness with fresh or frozen peas.
- Corn: Include some corn kernels for added sweetness and texture.
- Green beans: Snip fresh green beans into bite-sized pieces or use canned green beans for convenience.
- Bell peppers: Add a touch of crunch and vibrant color with diced bell peppers.
- By incorporating different vegetables, you can create a personalized twist on the classic chicken pot pie. Let your taste buds guide you as you explore various combinations.
Trying Different Seasonings:
- Don’t be afraid to experiment with different seasonings to elevate the flavor profile of your chicken pot pie.
- Herbs: Sprinkle in herbs such as thyme, rosemary, or sage to infuse your pot pie with aromatic notes.
- Spices: Add a pinch of paprika, cayenne pepper, or smoked chili powder for a subtle kick.
- Garlic and onions: Sauté minced garlic and onions before adding them to the filling for a savory depth of flavor.
- Worcestershire sauce: Drizzle a bit of Worcestershire sauce to enhance the umami taste.
- Mustard: Stir in a dollop of Dijon or whole grain mustard for a tangy and slightly sharp twist.
- The possibilities are endless when it comes to seasonings. Let your culinary creativity flow and create a chicken pot pie that suits your taste preferences.
Making Mini Pot Pies:
- If you’re looking to switch things up or want individual servings, mini pot pies are a fantastic alternative.
- Here’s how you can make mini pot pies in your air fryer:
- Use small ramekins or oven-safe bowls to assemble individual servings.
- Divide the filling and dough into smaller portions and place them on top of each ramekin.
- Adjust the cooking time and temperature accordingly as per the size of the mini pies.
- Monitor the pies closely to ensure that they are cooked to perfection.
- Mini pot pies are not only fun to make but also great for portion control and serving guests. Get creative with your toppings and enjoy the cute and delicious individual servings of chicken pot pie.
Remember, the beauty of chicken pot pies lies in their versatility, so don’t hesitate to experiment with different vegetables, seasonings, and presentation styles. Let your taste buds guide you as you create your own unique variation of this comforting classic.
So go ahead, embrace your culinary creativity, and enjoy the deliciousness of chicken pot pie in a way that suits your preferences.
Frequently Asked Questions On Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer
Can Pot Pies Be Cooked In An Air Fryer?
Yes, pot pies can be cooked in an air fryer for a quick and crispy meal.
How Long To Heat Up Chicken Pot Pie In Air Fryer?
To heat up a chicken pot pie in an air fryer, cook it for about 10-15 minutes.
Can Marie Callender Pot Pies Be Cooked In Air Fryer?
Yes, Marie Callender pot pies can be cooked in an air fryer for a delicious and crispy result.
How Long Do You Cook A Pie In The Air Fryer?
Air fryers can cook pies in approximately 10-15 minutes, providing a quick and delicious alternative to traditional baking.
The air fryer is a game-changer when it comes to making chicken pot pie. With its ability to cook food quickly and evenly, it eliminates the need for a traditional oven and saves both time and energy. The crispy, golden crust and flavorful filling can be achieved effortlessly, making it a perfect meal for those busy weeknights.
Not only does using the air fryer result in a delicious dish, but it also offers healthier benefits as well. The air fryer requires less oil compared to deep frying, reducing the overall calorie and fat content. Whether you’re a fan of classic comfort food or searching for a convenient way to cook, the chicken pot pie in the air fryer is a recipe worth trying.
So go ahead, whip out your air fryer and savor the delightful combination of tender chicken, savory vegetables, and flaky crust.