The technology behind the Ninja Air fryer is still relatively new when it is compared with other more well-known kitchen appliances. While this device has indeed penetrated into the hearts of many, there are still thousands of people out there who are unaware of this modern marvel.
The Basic Mechanism at Work
Let’s start with what truly makes the Ninja Air fryer so “Unique”, its cooking mechanism.
While other kitchen appliances out there mostly rely on the technique of conduction to prepare the meals, Air fryers tend to differentiate themselves from the crowd by incorporating the flow of “Air” into its cooking procedure or more specifically “Convection”.
Using Air, and the so called “Rapid Air Technology”, the Ninja Air fryer is able to prepare meals quickly, requiring a very little amount of oil.
The Rapid Air Technology
For those of you who are wondering what this so called “Technology” is. Let me give you a briefing.
Once the Air fryer has sucked up the air from outside, the appliance immediately superheats the air to a temperature of 392 degree Fahrenheit, whereupon it is passed into a very specialized heating chamber where the actual cooking happens.
This whole process is named “Rapid Air Technology” as it eliminates the necessity of using heavy amount of oil during frying, baking, grilling, or even roasting and completes the cooking over a very short period of time.
The Structure of Your Ninja Fryer
For absolute new-comers, the various parts of an Air fryer might seem a little bit confusing. Don’t be alarmed as they are pretty easy to master once you know the roles of each part.
The Ninja Air fryer consists of:
- The Cooking Chamber: This is the place where the magic happens and the food actually gets cooked. The functionality here varies a little bit depending on which brand Fryer you are using in the sense that the cooking chamber might come with the capacity of holding just a single tray or a multi layered tray.
- Heating Element: The heating element is responsible for the level of heat which needs to be transferred to the passing Air. A very desirable feature amongst most Air Fryers is that whenever it reaches the specified temperature for cooking, the heating elements automatically turns its-self off as to save power and prevent further overheating.
- Fan and Grill: The fan and the grill tend to work in conjunction with each other in order to ensure that the superheated air is evenly distributed around your food. The mechanical design of the grill allows it to adjust the direction of the air flow, which plays a large part in the whole cooking process.
- Exhaust System: The exhaust system in this appliance is designed to help maintain a stable internal pressure and prevent buildup of harmful air. Some models add a filter which clears out the dust and other left over particles in the exhausted air, making sure that it does not release any unpleasant odor.
- Transferable Food Tray: This is basically the tray where you are going to place the food which you want to cook. There are some brands out there which gives you the added advantage of having several boundary walls built within the tray itself to allow you cook dishes of several different types at once. Other than that, some brands might even provide a universal handle which you will be able to pull out your tray from the heating chamber with ease.
The Very Basic Features of Your Ninja Fryer
- Automated Temperature Control System: This is one of the more crucial and essential element of an Air Fryer which plays a great role in determining of how the final product turns out to be. The automatic temperature control system allows the appliance to keep track of the temperature and turn off the system when the airflow reaches a specific temperature. This allows each and every meal to be created according to the user’s personal preferences.
- Digital Screen and Touch Panel: We are living in a generation where each and every individual has a touch enabled smart phone! We have invariably habituated ourselves in using it. The manufacturers of Air Fryer are fully aware of this fact and to make their devices more accessible, they have implemented full touch screens on their devices. This greatly helps new comers to easily adjust themselves with the new appliance and start cooking right away using the pre-set heat settings and other functionalities.
- A Convenient Buzzer: This is a feature that is included in Air Fryers to make the cooking life much easier for those individuals who lean more towards the lazier side of life. Staring at the Air Fryer until the meal is done might actually be a test of patience for some people. The Buzzer and Timer of Air Fryers allow individuals to easily know when their dish is ready, thanks to the buzzing sound which the device makes when the timer runs out.
- An Assorted Selection of Cooking Presets: Not all of us are born maestros when it comes to cooking. Some of us just want to eat whatever we can find. The Air Fryer comes fully packed with a nice assorted selection of pre-set timings for a number of meals which makes it much easier for individuals who are inexperienced in cooking. They don’t have to worry about figuring out the timing for the perfect dish as it is already pre-set there for their convenience.
Now, obviously the cooking procedure will vary from one meal to the next. But the very core steps will remain largely the same when it comes to cooking using an Air fryer. In general, the steps are
- The first step which you should take before beginning the preparation of any of your meal is to gently take out the cooking basket and drizzle it with just a little bit of oil.
- Take the ingredients of your meal and put them in the drizzled tray. However, this might vary a little bit depending on your meal. For example, if you are going to be baking a cake, then you might want to put your batter in a separate dish first and then place the dish inside the cooking tray.
- Set the temperature to your specified degree and depending on your meal, set up the timer as well.
- Some meals might require you to shake up the basket from time to time. This will be noted in the “How To” section of the recipes.
- And just like that, your food should be ready.